Congratulations to all 20 teams who participated in Stage 1 of the Open Up Challenge.
Our ten prize winners were:
- Credit Data Research
- Fractal Labs
- Funding Options
You can read more on the winners in this Wired piece.
See below for an overview of the prize.
20 Stage 1 Participants
Prize Fund – Stage 1
- Cash Awards
- Each team received a £50k up-front development grant.
- Exclusive Early-Stage Access to Data
- The Teams developed their products with the support of a Data Sandbox, containing one of the largest anonymised UK banking transaction datasets ever released, and APIs aligned with the forthcoming Open Banking standard.
- Expert Support
- The teams also had access to expert support provided by leading practitioners – covering legal and regulatory considerations (Kemp Little), user experience (Mint Digital) and investment readiness (FINTECH Circle) – to help them prepare for the 2018 open banking environment.
Key Dates – Stage 1
- Applications for Stage 1 have now closed.
- Grant winners notified.
- The Open Up Data Sandbox went live.
- 9 – 30 November 2017: Assessment and due diligence.
- 7 December: Pitching day in London.
- 15 December: Stage 1 prizes awared.
Applications for Stage 2 (Market Ready) will open early 2018.
Check back toward the end of 2017 for the full details, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss.